Mermaid.

Olivia's wearing: Sass and Bide tank, Aje 'Catara' skirt, Michael Kors watch, Jeffrey Campbell 'Everly' boots.

Ariel has always been my favourite Disney Princess, as Kate and I have wanted to be mermaids since we first learnt to swim. I took the obsession to a whole new level when I was about eight and got an Ariel costume from Disneyland, which I then wore in the pool and subsequently nearly drowned in. This Aje skirt seems to be the closest I'll get to a mermaid tail and it so happens to be the safest (and most stylish) option as well. I like that I can fulfil my childhood fantasises whilst wearing it, yet it's also one of my all-time favourite pieces that I've ever purchased. Although the concept of it is rather odd - a sequinned skirt with jagged edges and triangular shaped cutouts - somehow it works. Kate and I have loved the 'Catara' skirts since we first laid eyes on them, the only hard part about the decision was choosing which colours to get. I'm a sucker for any colour that even closely resembles mint green and I wanted to choose a shade that not everyone would opt for, so I was happy to see this colour included in Aje's latest drop. We love that these skirts can be worn with things like peplum tops and heels for dinner and drinks, yet they can also be worn with sneakers and a tee for casual occasions. 

Make sure you check our upcoming posts to see which colour Kate chose...

1 comment

  1. amazing skirt! it doesn't even look like it's winter up there in the gold coast! super jealous xo

    Your Daily Break

    ReplyDelete