Elin Kling for Marciano: Interview.

Photos: Joe Schildhorn /BFAnyc.com.

I was lucky enough to attend the launch of Elin Kling's capsule collection for Marciano last week. The pieces are all very simple and versatile, but with a slight edge. The collection definitely has hints of Elin's signature, minimalist style, especially the denim shirt and the amazing leather pants, which I would kill to get my hands on. I got to interview Elin for a few minutes, which was a very proud moment for me, considering I've followed her blog for so long and have always been a fan of her style. Celebrities like Olivia Palermo, Katie Cassidy and Aussie model, Nicole Trunfio, also attended the event, which was held at the beautiful Home Studios in the West Village. Take a look at part of my interview with Elin below...

What made you collaborate with Marciano?
I think it was a really fun and a good challenge because my brand from Guess, we don't share the same aesthetic so I thought it was fun to collaborate and try to find a good mix together. Also, I'm the first one that they've collaborated with so I thought that was fun too.

How have you incorporated your own style into the collection?
I tried not to have too much of my own style, but when I look at the collection I'm like, "Hmm, yes, you can definitely see my style in it." But also you can see with the denim and the oversized sweater that I wanted to find the perfect basics.  

Obviously you've done a collaboration before with H&M, what is it that you like about collaborating with fashion labels?
I think for the first time with H&M, the best thing about that was was to learn about the process, to work with such a big company, it was really interesting. With Guess I thought it was very exciting ... they wanted to move their company to the next level and I think it was very interesting that they used me. I really like to be involved in the business, I learn so much.

No comments