Marchesa NYFW 13.

 Photos from Style.com.

Yesterday was probably the greatest day of my life so far, as I was fortunate enough to attend the Marchesa show at Vanderbilt Halt for NYFW. My style editor said she didn't want to go because they gave her a standing ticket rather than a seat, so of course I jumped at the chance. It was honestly the most amazing experience, the show itself was so beautiful. The Vanderbilt Hall in the Grand Central Station was the perfect backdrop for the extravagant, Bollywood themed collection. I took hundreds of photos, but they didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, because it was quite dark inside the hall and my shutter speed wasn't fast enough. I got my paparazzo on and took a ton of photos of all the celebrities there, so I will post those photos later today. Everyone was there, from Kim and Kanye, to Stacy Keibler, to Olivia Palermo - I was so starstruck. 

The photos above are my favourite looks from the collection. It's funny how all the dresses looked so much more beautiful in person, these photos definitely don't do them justice. I've been reading reviews of the collection today and they aren't so great. I thought it was lovely, but I guess that might be because it was the first designer show that I've been to. Overall, I loved the Indian themed embellishments on the gowns and I liked the fact that so much of the collection was white, that's to be expected though, seeing white has been such a huge trend on the runway this season.

No comments