New York on Instagram.


1/ The streets of SoHo 2/ Shopping in SoHo 3/ My first day in Times Square, my favourite place in NY so far 4/ Broadway in SoHo
 5/ The view from my hotel in Times Square 6/ My breakfast at Applebee's

These are just a few photos from my Instagram which show what I've been up to in New York so far. I stayed in SoHo for the first couple of nights, which was different because I'd never stayed down there or even shopped there before. It's such a different atmosphere compared to Times Square. The shopping is pretty amazing, they have all the favourites like Zara, Topshop, H&M, Victoria's Secret, plus designer boutiques like Alexander Wang, Acne, Isabel Marant, Phillip Lim and more. After that I moved to a hotel at Times Square and since then I've fallen madly in love with the area. I don't think I'll ever get used to how awesome Times Square is. I just love the bright lights and the fact that you're always surrounded by people, although some people might find that a little bit daunting. Everything is open either 24 hours or until early in the morning, which is perfect for me as I haven't quite gotten used to the time difference and I find myself wanting food at strange hours of the night.  I've also been shopping around Fifth Avenue and Madison, where I found places like Zara and H&M again. One of my favourite shops that I've been to so far is Barney's on Madison Avenue. It is seriously the most amazing department store on the planet, they stock just about every designer label you could dream of. I went crazy looking at all the Proenza Schouler, Givenchy and Celine. They also have all of the younger designer labels like Isabel Marant, Alexander Wang, Helmut Lang, etc.

 My internship is at Metro Newspaper in the features department, so I get to cover areas like fashion, film, health, beauty, etc. The office is down in the financial district just off Wall Street. I like the fact that I get to see this area of the city, it's interesting seeing all the office buildings and monumental places like The New York Stock Exchange. So far I've mostly been helping the Fashion Editor prepare for Fashion Week, which has been fun (of course). I love having to sort through her invites to the shows and help her organize her schedule. The invitations are amazing, so much work goes into them. I actually took some photos of them which I will upload in the next couple of days. 

I hope this little diary entry wasn't too boring if you bothered to read it. I will try to do more posts like this when I have interesting stories to tell. 

No comments